Our school offers a Multi-Engine training program using the Piper PA-30 Twin Comanche for this kind of exercise. A Multi-Engine Rating allows to operate multi-engine aircraft in VFR conditions.
- Hold a valid private pilot license
- Must be 18 years of age
- Category 3 Medical
Based on minimum Transport Canada requirements
- There is no specific hour requirement for a Multi-Engine Rating but the applicant must pass a flight test
- 8 hours dual instruction including
- 1 hour solo
- 3 hours ground school
- Training usually takes about 10 hours
Length of Course
The Multi-Engine Rating can take anywhere between 1-3 weeks to complete depending on whether the student is full-time or part-time.
Privileges and Limitations
- The holder of a Multi-Engine Rating may operate any Canadian registered multi-engine aircraft in VFR conditions
- Cannot be endorsed on a Recreational Pilot Permit